1. Name and contact details of the person responsible for processing data and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing carried out by the
Fricke Group GmbH & Co. KG and its subsidiaries (hereinafter ‘Fricke Group’)
Zum Kreuzkamp 7, D-27404 Heeslingen
Tel.: +49-4281-712-0, Fax: +49-4281-712-49
The Fricke Group data protection officer can be contacted at the address given above (all correspondence should be marked ‘for the attention of the data protection officer’), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, and the nature and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit the website, the browser that you use on your device automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is automatically collected and stored until an automated deletion takes place:
- IP address of the computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the file accessed,
- webpage from which our website is accessed (referrer URL),
- browser used and, where appropriate, the computer operating system plus the name of your access provider.
This data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensuring smooth connection to the website,
- to ensure easy use of our website,
- to evaluate system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for processing data is set out in Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 Point f of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Our legitimate interests arise from the reasons for collecting data listed above. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected to draw conclusions about individuals.
b) When signing up for our newsletter
Provided that you have given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 Point a of the GDPR, we will use your email address to regularly send you our newsletter. In order to receive the newsletter, only an email address is required.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via the link at the bottom of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are welcome to email email@example.com at any time. If you unsubscribe from the newsletter, your data processed for this purpose will be deleted immediately. We only store documentation of your consent (opt in and opt out time) for up to three years for the purpose of legal defence.
c) When using our contact form
If you have questions of any kind, you have the option of contacting us via a contact form on our website. To do so, you must provide a valid email address so that we know who submitted the enquiry, and to enable us to respond. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
With your consent, data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 Point a of the GDPR.
The personal data collected by us for the purpose of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your enquiry has been dealt with.
If you register for competitions organised by the Fricke Group, we will use the data you provided during registration for the purpose of executing the participation contract, in particular to notify you of the winner and, where appropriate, to advertise our offers. Detailed information can be found in the conditions of participation for the respective competition. The legal basis for processing data in this way is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Point a) of the GDPR, Article 6 Paragraph 1 Point b) of the GDPR and Article 6 Paragraph 1 Point f) of the GDPR.
e) When using the barcode scanner in the app
Using your smartphone’s camera function, our app can recognise text on images of type plates, equipment parts, stickers, packages and packaging. This enables you to quickly and accurately identify products, equipment parts and machines. Text recognition software (OCR) is used on your smartphone together with a simultaneous camera recording which converts the data accordingly and then transfers it to the shop search via server call.
• When you download our app, the required information is transferred to the relevant app store, in particular user name, email address and customer number associated with your account, time of download and the individual device identification number. We have no influence on the collection of this data and are not responsible for it. We only process the data to the extent necessary for downloading the mobile app to your smartphone. When you use the app, we collect the personal data described below to enable convenient use of the app’s functions, and because they are technically necessary for us to offer these functions and to ensure stability and security.
3. Sharing data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only share your personal details with third parties if:
- you have given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 Point a of the GDPR,
- it is necessary for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims in accordance with Art. 6 Para 1 S. 1 Point f of the GDPR, and there is no reason to believe that you have a legitimate interest in preventing your data from being shared,
- it is required by law in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 Point c of the GDPR, or
- it is permitted by law and necessary for developing contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 Point b of the GDPR.
Information relating to the device used is stored in the cookie. However, this does not mean that we can use it to discover your identity.
Cookies are used to make our online offering more enjoyable for you to use. We use session cookies to see that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These are automatically deleted once you leave our site.
We also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, and these are stored on your device for a set period. If you revisit our page to make use of our services, it will be automatically recognised that you have already visited the page. Your inputs and settings will also be remembered so that you do not have to re-enter them.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can configure your browser to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or to always display a notification before a new cookie is created. However, complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you are unable to use all the functions of our website.
a) General information about analytics tools
The tracking tools listed below and used by us are implemented in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 Point f of the GDPR. Our aim is to use tracking tools to ensure a tailored website design as well as continuous optimisation. We also use tracking tools to compile statistics about how our website is used, and to evaluate this for the purpose of optimising our offering.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be gathered from the relevant tracking tools.
When using analytics tools, it is possible for personal data (e.g. your IP address) to be passed on or disclosed to third-party companies. These may also be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Processing of this kind will only take place with your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 Point a of the GDPR). More details about how data is passed on can be found below.
The European Commission certifies that the data protection measures in some third countries are comparable to the EEA standard using adequacy decisions (a list of these countries and a copy of the adequacy decisions can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law- topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en). However, in other third countries to which personal data may be transferred, there may not be a consistently high level of data protection due to a lack of legal provisions. According to the European Court of Justice, an adequate level of protection for data transfers to the USA can only be achieved under extremely strict conditions. Where we transfer data to third countries, we ensure that an adequate level of data protection is guaranteed. This is possible via binding company regulations, standard European Commission contract clauses for the protection of personal data in accordance with Art. 46 Para. 1, 2 Point c of the GDPR (the standard contractual clauses from 2021 are available at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32021D0915&locale-en), certificates or recognised codes of conduct. Please contact our data protection officer if you would like more information about this.
b) Google Analytics
For the purposes of demand-based website design and continuous optimisation of our pages we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service from Google Inc. (https://about.google/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter ‘Google’). As part of this, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The following information relating to your use of our website is generated by the cookie:
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (previously visited page),
- host name of computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
We also use Google Conversion Tracking to compile statistics about how our website is used, and to evaluate this for the purpose of optimising our website. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google AdWords will place a cookie (see point
4) on your computer.
These cookies are only valid for 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If a user visits particular pages of an AdWords customer’s website before the cookie has expired, Google and the customer can see that the user has clicked on the ad and been redirected to that page.
Each AdWords customer receives a different cookie. This means that cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. AdWords customers see the total number of users that have clicked on their ad and been redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information with which users could be personally identified.
c) Use of the remarketing or similar target groups function from Google Inc.
For the purposes of demand-based design and optimisation of this website, solutions and technologies from econda GmbH are used to collect and store anonymised data, from which usage profiles using pseudonyms are created. To this end, cookies can be used to allow a browser to be recognised. However, usage profiles are not linked with information about the user behind the pseudonym without the consent of the user. IP addresses in particular are concealed as soon as they are received, meaning that it is not possible to match usage profiles to IP addresses. Visitors to this website can opt out of future data collection and storage at any time here. You will only be opted out on your current device and browser, please repeat the process on all devices as required.
If you delete the opt-out cookie, any requests that occur subsequently will be saved by us as standard. You can opt out here.
e) Using SalesViewer® technology
This website may collect and store data for marketing, market research and optimisation purposes using SalesViewer® technology from SalesViewer® GmbH.
The data stored by SalesViewer will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose, and the deletion thereof will not conflict with any statutory storage requirements.
You can object to data collection and storage at any time by clicking on this link https://www.salesviewer.com/opt-out to prevent future data collection by SalesViewer® on this website. This places an opt-out cookie for this website on your device. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you must click this link again.
With your consent, we use the unbounce tool from unbounce Marketing Solutions Inc., 400-401 West Georgia Street Vancouver, BC Canada V6B 5A1 to manage our marketing campaigns and improve our offering. These pages are hosted by unbounce and our users' browsers communicate directly with unbounce to transfer IP address and place cookies. In addition to IP address, unbounce may collect the date and time that visitors land on these pages, as well as browser signatures, operating system and device type. More information about the types of data that unbounce collects and how it is used can be found here: https://www.unbounce.com/privacy. You can prevent cookies from being stored by setting your browser software accordingly.
5. Social media plug-ins
We use the enhanced privacy mode option provided by YouTube. When you visit a page that has an embedded video, a connection to the YouTube servers is established and the content is displayed on the website by notifying your browser. According to the information provided by YouTube, in enhanced privacy mode your data - in particular information about which of our websites you have visited, plus device-specific information including IP address - will only be transferred to the YouTube server in the USA if you watch the video. By activating this plug-in and clicking on the video, you consent to data being transferred in this way.
6. Storage period
Third parties used by us will store your data on their system for as long as is necessary for the provision of services for us in accordance with the respective order.
7. Rights of affected persons
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 of the GDPR to request information about your personal data processed by us. You can request information about the processing purposes, the personal data categories, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of the right to request the amendment or deletion of your data, the restriction of the processing thereof and the right to object to such processing, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data when these were not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision making, included profiling, plus meaningful details about this;
- in accordance with Art. 16 of the GDPR to request the immediate amendment of incorrect personal data saved by us, or the completion thereof;
- in accordance with Art. 17 of the GDPR to request the deletion of personal data saved by us provided that processing is not required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to meet a legal requirement, for reasons of public interest, or for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 of the GDPR to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, you oppose the deletion of the data and we no longer require it, you do not require the data for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you
- object to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 of the GDPR to receive the personal data provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request the transmission thereof to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 of the GDPR to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will mean that we will no longer be permitted to process your data, and
in accordance with Art. 77 of the GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your habitual residence or place of work, or our place of business.
8. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 Point f of the GDPR, you have the right - in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR - to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, or where data are processed for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case you have a general right to object which will be observed regardless of the situation.
If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw or object, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data security
Our website employs the widely-used SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is normally 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology. Encrypted pages can be recognised by the key or padlock symbol next to your browser’s address bar.
We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, deletion and unauthorised access by third parties. We continuously improve our security measures in line with technological developments.